So This is the New Year

It's a new year. Time for fresh starts and new beginnings. 2011 was such a blur that I feel the need to make 2012 more memorable. I want to document more of my life in this new year because it just seems to go by so quickly, especially as one gets older. I want to learn new things and experience life more fully instead of the slight fog I was in this past year. To that end I really don't want to call this a list of resolutions, but a list of goals I would like to accomplish this year. Without further ado, here are my goals for 2012:

Cooking-
  • Cook at least 4 times a week
  • Bake 10 loaves of bread
  • Master cooking 5 classic French recipes
  • Master cooking 5 classic Italian recipes
  • Make pasta from scratch
  • Consume less processed food
  • Learn to make sushi

Reading-

  • Read 40 books
  • Read 2 Charles Dickens novels
  • Read 1 Tolstoy novel
  • Read 1 Dostoyevsky novel
  • Read 1 Thomas Hardy novel
  • Read 1 D.H. Lawrence novel
  • Read 1 Jane Austen novel
  • Read Jane Eyre again
  • Take good reading notes
  • Write reviews

Art & Creativity-

  • Finish editing the photos I took in 2011
  • Practice and improve my photography skills
  • Take photography classes
  • Paint 2 canvases
  • Incorporate more creative time into my daily life
  • Make and print 3 books of my photographs
  • Write 3 blog posts a week

Life-

  • Workout 3 times a week
  • Run 2 5ks
  • Take a dance class
  • Take a Pilates class
  • Let things go
  • Reduce negativity
  • Embrace change
  • Find a new career path
  • Make time to hang out with my friends more often

I think the goals I have set for my self are all achievable. I can't wait to see what this new year brings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment